We are delighted to announce a redesign of our Doras Fire Door for 2016. The new Doras has been refined and improved.
- Larger viewing glass to enjoy the full effect of an open fire.
- Improved easy close/open chrome door handle.
- Larger removable log retainer for added safety when refuelling.
The new look Doras Fire Door is now available at all Boru Stoves retailers.
The Doras – Fire fronts for open Fires
Boru Stoves launched the Doras Fire Door in 2009 so that people could still keep their open fireplace without needing to install a stove. With some fireplaces giving out an efficiency rating of 15%, the Doras manages to bring that efficiency up to a whopping 68%. That increases the efficiency of your fireplace by 53%.
Some of the features of the Doras Fire Door
We have a dedicated section on our website about fire fronts for open fires which is the Doras’ main information page but here is some of the key features:
- It has an efficiency rating of 68%
- Increases the output of your back boiler
- You can control your open fire
- Fits most 16″ – 18″ fireplaces
- DIY Installation – You can fit this product all by yourself
- 100% Made in Ireland in the Boru Stoves factory in Thurles
Frequently asked questions
Here are some of the questions and answers to the Doras we get asked here in Boru
Can I install this myself?
- Yes you can. Like most fire fronts for open fires, this is a DIY job. Our manual comes complete with step by step instructions on how to install the Doras.
Does it increase the output of heat to my room?
- Like all fire fronts for open fires, the Doras is intended as a unit to cut down on fuel consumption, not to generate more heat. Where a back boiler is fitted, the Doras will heat the water much more efficiently.
How is the Doras installed?
- It is installed with a series of bolts and clamps. The installation instructions are in the manual and it takes less than an hour to install. All installations must be carried out in accordance with the fitting manual. Boru Stoves cannot be held liable for faulty workmanship. All installations must be carried out in accordance with local building regulations.
Do I need to take the damper off my existing back boiler and put on your damper when installing the Doras?
- This varies from back boiler to back boiler. You must contact your boiler manufacturer for more information or Boru Stoves on 0504 59033 or email email@example.com